What is flexibility in the workplace?
Even though there are many definitions for "flexibility in workplace" but at the end of the day they all lead to one conclusion "the ability to quickly adapt to new circumstances and overcome unexpected obstacles."
When we talk about flexibility in workplace, we are talking about the ability to make full use of any circumstances in a way that helps the employees to carry out their job no matter the occasion.
Did the pandemic reshape how work is carried out forever?
During the last year, we noticed how the pandemic forced employers to break away from all the traditional methods of doing business. “Working from home” became the new normal as all these changes and sudden circumstances left no options for the companies except changing their methods and strategies, biggest of all was remote working. In other words, the strategies and methods which were used to carry out business are not the same after the outbreak of COVID-19.
What are the benefits of flexibility while working from home?
Carrying out any changes requires good planning and preparation, but with abrupt changes the best approach to achieve your goals is "flexibility". In this article, we offer some important tips that will help you to deploy flexibility to achieve the best productivity and maintain the bond and communication between your team.
General rules to be followed while working from home:
To reach the highest possible productivity, many companies that implement the flexibility of remote work follow the following practices:
- Companies begin to develop a general strategy based on a flexible methodology ,that help to conduct work remotely, to be applied on all departments of the company.
- Teams are prioritized so they can be focused directly on.
- Team leaders need to focus on results and tangible goals in order to have a common vision that facilitates business performance.
- Team leaders shall hold regular friendly meetings with their teams to ascertain the needs of employees, ensure their alignment and promote the collaboration between the team while working remotely.
Tips for employers while working remotely:
• Create a clear vision
• Follow what is going on without going into details
• Keep your employee updated for them to not feel isolated
• Keep motivating your employees and check if they need any thing
• Make sure your employees know well what is expected from them
• Be open and clear
• Listen well to your employees and ask them about their opinions and expectations.
Tips for employees while working remotely:
• Work for set specific hours
• Watch your food habits and drink as much water as you can
• Take short breaks between your working hours
• After work, go for a walk and do exercises
To conclude, we saw how some companies that have high flexibility found their way to implement the remote work system, as they benefited from saving a lot of their operating budget for buildings and employing distinguished employees without caring about geographical location.
What about you? Which method do you prefer? Working from home or going back to your office?