"Utility computing" or “On-Demand” Computing put the foundation stone for many technologies and applications that can not be dispensed with anything. In the beginning, there was the simple form to share benefits such as storing data and applications and processing data across local and wide area networks. And then later turned to become the sophisticated models including cloud computing, which is built on the same idea. The business orientation for adopting this model contributes to support daily operations within the companies and overcoming the challenges that hinder the speed of delivery.
Why do companies opt for this model?
What comes to mind at first glance: looking for less costs! This is true, but what about the companies that have huge budgets and enormous space for the construction of infrastructure technologies without the need to rely on other sources? Then we can not say the only reason for the adoption of on-demand computing, but it is part of a distinguished group of reasons that can be summarized as follows:
- Excluding computers and huge servers offers more space for work
- On-demand computing asks for less technical requirements
- Flexibility in moving the company from one place to another without having to re-build networks and processing infrastructure
- Creating remote jobs anywhere, anytime
- When the company offers all the technical tools to its employees they will be better performers and their productivity will increase.
- The possibility of launching multiple branches and connect it with each other via technology
- The transfer of backup responsibility to a service provider to protect and maintain data
- Provide high level IT services without the need to build a technical unit within the organization
when the company reduces the wasted efforts and spending in building its own technical units, its full power aims to support real time work, product development and building relationships with partners. In the past, work on technical products and placing it in the market is governed by the time and long processes. The developer could not complete inventions devised with the absence of applications in addition to the high cost. Today, with the emergence of a variety of types of on-demand computing, companies started to compete in launching the newest and best products during record timing. There is no longer a difference between large tech company and other one that is only emerging, human resources are evenly distributed and efforts made the difference.
We are promised a transformation in technology in the near future, it will turn on-demand computing into a more sophisticated and flexible form of technology. And it will be adopted in most of the promising companies. The experts advice here will be: companies should not use on-demand computing for its decreased cost only, but should pick and select the technology approach that suits its goals and general aspirations.